I HAVE TOO MANY CLOTHES! My sister is still in college, so I use her closet for my coats and I have my own closet plus 2 clothing racks. Some people quote that you can never have too much clothes, but I think it is just for marketing purposes. I question myself if I even wear half of the clothes I have in my closet, and the truth is, I don’t.
I broke down my closets and found out that I wear less than 25% of my clothes. It is truly mind blowing for me to think that I spend a lot of money but some I haven’t even worn once. It is like flushing money down the toilet. There is no doubt that I have poor money management, (we are really getting personal here aren’t we?) and as much as I like quality clothing, I tend to shop fast fashion but don’t get me wrong, I said it before and I will say it again, quality doesn’t have to be expensive. Compulsive shopping is another topic I will later discuss because my friends, it is a long list of what not to do.
So, I am challenging myself to sell, donate, and/or give away (with that order) to only keep what I need. Aside from my socks, sleepwear, and undergarments, I choose 21 winter essentials that I’ve been wearing almost everyday for the past 6 months.
- Turtleneck – Philosophy super soft and I wear it underneath a lot of my clothes because this weather is just not my friend. I’ve had it over 4 years and it is still in a great condition.I don’t remember how much I paid for it but the poshmark I attached has the same exact one for $15.
- Sweatshirt – H&M I really like that it is not too simple and makes me feel cozy and dressy. I paid $50 for it and I really like to wear this on top of my soft fabric turtle neck.
- Knitwear – &otherstories my ultimate go-to sweater for this winter. It is super soft and warm. I paid $15 for this sweater from H&M and I believe I used it more than 15 times so it is worth the money.
- Dressy Shirts – I got the buttondown shirt from Cos for $45 and T-shirt from H&M.
- Simply T-shirts – these are mix with Cos and H&M. I wear them almost every single day. I love them so much. I recommend people to buy good quality T-shirts because they are so much nicer to wear and they last so much longer.
- Long T-shirt – H&M this is my all time favorite and most use item on all of my clothes. I will make a post on how I wear this one particular item. I can’t find the same one from H&M but Cos has the same one that I been eyeing on for months!
- Dressy Coat – This was my first purchase from Cos and I love everything about it. The peach color and you can wear it in two different ways.
- Everyday Parka – Got this for $15 at H&M and I can’t count how many times I used it.
- Business Casual – Cos I don’t usually wear it unless I am trying hard to impress my boss who is just so beautifully dress all the time.
DRESSES and DENIM
- Dressy Dress: Cos I love wearing this dress and I wear it often. It is my definition of sophistication and class.
- Cotton Turtleneck Dress: H&M my go-to for good days and bad days. Never fails me.
- Denim – I got my denim from H&M conscious line, Cos, River Island, and ASOS. I wear boyfriend jeans often because I love to dress comfortable and I guess its more of a style preference honestly.
Hope you guys find these useful.
Give me a chat if you have any must have items you want to share!